Saturday, January 9, 2010

New Year, New Blog

I must start by confessing, I've really let this blog go. Life in this house was really hairy (not literally, thank goodness) the past six months or so and things like school (both Adam's and mine), work, and managing the dog hair that seems to constantly threaten to take over the house sort of overwhelmed me.
I also change the name of the blog since its more about me, probably because I'm the only one writing it and Adam could really care less about blogging. But I'll still keep you updated on our life happenings.
Last January I only made one resolution because a single goal seems more tangible than a whole slew. I resolved to be more environmentally conscious. I began recycling, eliminated plastic water bottles from our grocery list and instead switched to a water purifier and reusable water bottles. This was the first time that I have ever made a resolution and actually followed through. I'm very proud of keeping my resolution in 2009 and therefore decided to make some new ones for 2010. Again, after some long thought on this, I wanted to keep the resolution(s) simple and tangible.

1. Knit Christmas stockings using the Fair Isle technique. Yikes. I've actually said it. Luckily it's just two stockings so I figure if I start some time in August I'll be ready for Christmas.

2. Cook dinner at least four times a week. We always go through phases where we say "we need to eat at home more" or "we need groceries". This is promptly followed by a discussion regarding where we should get dinner from. This happens quite frequently during times when we are busy (read: 10 months out of the year).

3. Update blog more frequently. I would like to say at least weekly but I'll settle for "more frequently".

I feel that these resolutions are definitely attainable. I don't want to overextend myself.

Finally, I want to share my latest finished project and my first knitted garment!



Pattern: February Lady Sweater
Yarn: Berroco Vintage Wool
Needles: US9
Elapsed working time: began on October 31 and finished January 1

Ravelry Link

Boo yah!

2 comments:

  1. I didn't know you had a blog! Good job with the resolutions. I actually haven't made any in quite a few years, but maybe I'll start with something small and follow your example.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think those are great goals for the new year. I really love how you followed through on your goal from last year. We have also started the recycling and I'm looking to get more organized with it.

    I love the sweater! It turned out great!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!