Saturday, January 23, 2010

A Trip to the Yarn Store and a Yurt

I took a quick trip to my LYS today to use up a gift certificate I had received for Christmas (and don't ask me how I waited this long! It was burning a hole in my pocket). I came away with a few goodies:



I bought this skein of Farmhouse Yarns Silk Blend in the colorway Tropical Punch. It's 350 yards of a DK weight Silk/wool blend. I've decided to use the yarn for a very special, top secret project I've planned that I will let you know about when the time is right.



I also picked up these four skeins of Frog Tree Worsted Alpaca in a gorgeous wine color that were 25% off. I've been eyeing them for a while and since I had the gift certificate I figured, why not?  Of course, I saw a ton of other yarns that were gorgeous but I promised myself I would try to use up some stash yarn before going on another yarn binge like I did in the fall.

I also ran across this website today. This woman has been raising funds to get enough roving to make into felted strands to crochet a yurt! I think it's kind of crazy but I'm interested in how it will turn out. She's supposed to start crocheting soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!