But instead I've decided to postpone it another half hour or so. After signing up for summer classes (three over the course of ten weeks), I've realized this is not what I want to be doing with my summer. Granted, this Saturday marks the end of the first five weeks so it is almost over. But not quite yet. And I really don't feel like developing an integrated content text set for 4th grade standards. Just don't feel like it.
I would like to thank all of you for your comments on the Malabrigo socks. It does make me feel a little more confident that they'll be wearable. I finished the first sock last Saturday after knitting it twice (a tale for another time) and since my hands were really hurting from the little needles, I gave it a rest. This week, after some sample swatching, I cast on for a new project, the Mitered Crosses Blanket by Kay Gardiner. A project this size means, what else? New yarn!
In preparation for this project, I managed to come home with ten skeins of Lamb's Pride Worsted a few weekends ago when I visited the Great Lakes Fiber Festival. I was pretty proud that that was all I came home with because I had the mindset (and cash money) to come home with way more.
I had originally wanted to make this blanket in a machine washable yarn but once the Lamb's Pride was in, there was no going back. Last week I decided to purchase a bag of Noro (I know, right?) and while I'm not 100% crazy in love with this colorway (#215) I really wanted more muted Noro colors rather than the crazy Noro colors.
I cast on Tuesday (the day the Noro showed up) and knit up my inaugural square in three days. I've figured if I do one square a week I could possibly be done by the end of August, in time for fall. However, I'm not going to hold myself to that otherwise I'll feel the self-inflicted guilt if I don't have it done by then. I'll probably use this as a carry along project since I still have my Malabrigo socks to finish and a baby blanket for some friends that is on the needles as well.
I am trying to weave in and knit in ends as I go to spare myself the anguish of weaving in a bajillion ends when I'm ready to seam. If you look closely, there's only four ends that I wasn't able to knit in. I'm planning on making this a total of 12 squares (instead of the 10 in the pattern with the rectangles) but I guess I have enough yarn that if I really wanted, I could make this even bigger. But I don't want to get carried away just yet.