Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Mini Sunny Spread

I am so excited to share this project with you! After running out of yarn (twice) my miniature Sunny Spread is finally done! 


I started this project back in May and kind of worked on it here and there in between other projects, not really cracking the whip on it until the week before I left for California. By the time I left on the 26th, I had all the squares completed, blocked, seamed, and ends woven end. And then I ran out of yarn, again. I initially ran out of the Noro Kureyon Sock at the beginning of the month with just one circle motif left to go. After making do with some leftover Kureyon from another project, I was back on my way. On the Saturday before I left, I spent my day adding the white yarn to the motifs and it was somewhere around motif number 40 (out of 56) where I realized I would be running out of the white yarn. Instead of freaking out (which I'll admit I did for a minute), I called the yarn store where I bought the yarn and asked it they could ship me another skein. They were super helpful and shipped one out the following week. I kept at the project so that when I got back from my trip all I'd have to do would be crochet the border. Another good blocking and it's was done!


I did a total of three blockings; one with the motifs when they were just circles of Noro, one after their white border was added, and once more after the blanket border was added. Despite all the washing, the Noro still bled a little after the third blocking. If I were to do it again, I'd probably add vinegar to the initial wash.

This will go in Baby Luscious' room, which we finally got painted this weekend. Now I'm on the lookout for a little blanket rack to show off all his handmade goodies.

Yarn: Noro Kureyon Sock in S253 and Plymouth Yarn Dye For Me Happy Feet
Hook: E (3.5mm) for motifs, G (4mm) for blanket border
Began: May 3
Completed: July 6

9 comments:

  1. Looks amazing, so happy and cheery! Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, absolutely gorgeous. lovely job.
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it. You will probably be able to find a quilt rack in Berlin or Millersburg.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful - I love the contrast between the white and the bright Noro!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful accomplishment! Your new afghan is stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMGosh! This only took you two months to hook up? A-ma-zing! It's stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely beautiful! I am glad that you were able to get the needed yarn to complete it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love it! I'm glad you were able to finish. Oh, by the way, I'm not sure if you've received it yet, but I did send your yarn this week. Sorry for the delay!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Sandra I'm a silent follower!! And have nominated you for a blog award... If you would like to accept it's on my blog! :)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!