Thursday, July 26, 2012

Testing, Testing

Calling all test-knitters! I'm in need of a few good test-knitters. I am working on an upcoming pattern to be released in the fall and would like a few knitters to work up the pattern before it is published. 

The Details

Introductory Notes: This is for a knitted boy's sweater with some Fair Isle detailing. It is done in a worsted weight yarn with an approximate gauge of 16sts = 4".

Target Number of Testers: One for each size (12m, 18m, 2T, 4T, 6, 8)

Deadline: I would need notes on your finished work by September 10th.

Tools: needles size 7 (4.5mm) in a circular length to work body in the round (probably about 16-20" for smaller sizes, and 24" for the rest), 3-4 buttons (size TBD).

Materials: Worsted weight yarn in main color (~400-800 yards depending on size) and contrasting color (~150 yards).

Difficulty: medium difficulty, tester should have knowledge of sweater construction (set-in sleeves) and have some experience with Fair Isle knitting (although I promise, the chart is super simple!).

Pattern format: The pattern will be emailed to you in a Word document.

Testing needs: I would like the tester to be able to complete the sweater (this includes knitting and  assembly) in the time allotted, providing any information on sizing/charting/stitch count errors.  This information would be most useful if the tester could provide it as they go along, not all at the end of their project. I don't need knitters to start work immediately, but as it's looking now, you'd only have about 4 weeks to work on the pattern. When your project is completed and the pattern is published, I would like testers to be able to post pictures and link to project pages to share the pattern.


If you are interested in knitting this or have any further questions, please contact me via email with "TEST KNITTER" in the subject line. Include in your email your Ravelry name and/or photos of projects you'd like to share with me in addition to your test knitting experience.

  I will update this post as I nail things down with knitters.  Thank you!!

1 comment:

  1. Ooh! Good luck w/this. I wish I had time, but can't wait to read about the progress of everyone's test-knitting and such.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!