Saturday, November 3, 2012

Socktober

This Socktober, I managed to add another pair of handknit socks to my sock drawer (that makes 5 pairs this year just for me!).


The picture isn't great but I finished them on Tuesday, the day school was closed due to hurricane (who ever heard such a thing in Northeast Ohio?) so there was no way I was going outside in the rain for pictures.

The yarn is Colinette Jitterbug in a color called Morelo Mash. While super gorgeous, the dye bled all over my hands each time I knit. The water after blocking was more than pink, and I'll probably have to wash these alone for sometime. I think it's also worth noting that the Jitterbug is heaver than a regular fingering weight. I cast on 60 stitches and now that the socks are blocked, I think I could've probably gone down to 56. Either way, I'm excited to add a new pair of socks to the stash. Once you go handknit, you don't want to go back!

Pattern: Hermione's Everyday Socks
Yarn: Colinette Jitterbug in Morello Mash
Needles: US 1.5 (2.5mm)
Began: September 30
Completed: October 30 (I don't seem to get things done as quickly these days. I wonder why?)


3 comments:

  1. They came out great! Sorry about the dye. It could have been part of your Halloween costume!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look terrific even tho you had issues w/the dye. Boo on that bleeding.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!