Monday, December 17, 2012

A Christmas Sweater

There will be no parade of knitted Christmas gifts this year. While I generally fancy myself a doer of all things, a new baby and going back to work are about all I can handle right now.  

I have been knitting, though (albeit very slowly). I have one pair of socks on the needles (that WILL be done before 2013!!) and a new little project going on.

With the new family addition this year, I'm all about starting new holiday traditions. We got a live Christmas tree (a must each year we celebrate here in Ohio), I've been baking up a storm, on Christmas Eve we'll read The Night Before Christmas (the same book my dad read to me each year since 1985 when we first started writing the date inside the cover), and now I'm thinking of starting a new one: the Christmas Sweater.

A few months ago I purchased some really lovely Cephalopod Yarns Traveler in a gorgeous, silvery colorway called Arkham.


I knew this would be destined to become a sweater for little D. But not just any sweater will do. I've had one in my mind's eye for quite some time now. So I've done some math, swatched and am over halfway done with the beaut. I have no pictures yet, but there are cables and buttons and raglan, oh my!

4 comments:

  1. That's such a great idea! I'm sure it will be a wonderful tradition as he grows up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like a perfect new tradition. Hugs, Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  3. oooh your sweater sounds fantastic!!
    can't wait to see it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was great to read about your wonderful, Christmas traditions. Becoming a new mum is an adjustment and having to go back to work is another thing to get used to. You definitely have excuses for not having time to craft Christmas gifts. That is a great neutral color.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!