Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Wisp

I generally don't do a lot of lace projects. I have knit a Featherweight Cardigan out of Malabrigo Lace and I did the Breezy sample, and the giant Albers Shawl sample (and that should really count as at least two projects). But for some reason, I've had this idea in my head of a spring/summer tee knit in lace weight. Something simple that can be your TV knitting, but that will yield some stellar results.
 
 
I've been very lucky to work with Dream in Color Wisp, a 50/50 Merino and silk blend (550 yards per 55g hank). As with all Dream in Color yarns, the color is phenomenal and the silk gives the yarn a really lovely sheen.

This project will be available to fit sizes 28 (30, 32, 34, 36, 38, 40, 42, 44)" bust and is meant to be worn with 0" ease.
You should be able to get away with 2 skeins for most sizes, but I have listed that the 40, 42, and 44" use 3, because I hate when you run short.
 
Right now the pattern is with the tech editor but pretty soon it will be available for purchase (like, so soon!). And if you're looking for something new to make yourself for summer, I have even better news. I will be hosting a knit along of this tee over in the I Dream in Color group on Ravelry. So here's your heads up! Go join the group, get your yarn and needles and get ready.

1 comment:

  1. That is a pretty, happy color. You are on this amazing designing kick! You go!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!