Monday, July 21, 2014

Colorwork Questions and Winner

Before asking some deep questions about colorwork, the winner of the Bijou Basin Ranch Lhasa Wilderness yarn is 

PrettyPinkZebra

I'll be contacting you later for your info. Congratulations!

I tried to hold off as long as I could but I've started planning for D's Christmas Sweater 2014 (here are the  2012 and 2013 versions).


As you can see, I'm thinking colorwork. 

I've had a few version of this sweater in my mind. Here are some of the options:

Round yoke, colorwork in yoke and a little at hem, classic.
V-neck, drop sleeve, colorwork in yoke only.
Colorwork around hem only, raglan (maybe?)

I really like the idea of a v-neck (easy on for little ones) but also don't love purling colorwork. However, one motif through the yoke might be manageable for everyone. I'm generally leaning away from a crew neck style since that's what I did last year and I'm up for something different. 

What are your thoughts? Do you like colorwork? Is there any aspect you love/hate? I'd love to hear your thoughts! Take a moment to fill out the poll and/or leave a comment with your ideas.



What kind of colorwork do you like?
  
pollcode.com free polls 

4 comments:

  1. First of all thank you so much for the giveaway. That was very kind of you. And I don't do much colorwork but the v neck with colorwork in the yoke sounds lovey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's something really cute and gentleman-like about v-necks on tots, but I didn't realize they were easier to pull on as well. Bonus!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to see what you decide. I think colorwork is fun. It's like a revealing puzzle. I wish there were better tutorials out there for working the colors in a row. I don't really see any out that. I can do two.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have yet to do any sweaters with color work, I admire your talent. I love doing raglan sleeves, could you do raglan sleeves with color work at the top too? Great blog, I'm enjoying reading your knitting adventures.

    Knitting in Pearls

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!