Monday, February 8, 2010

Hoping for Spring

I got yarn in the mail today! I knew it was coming so it wasn't a surprise but still, it's always fun getting something good in the mail instead of just bills. I had ordered 6 skeins of Cascade Yarns Dolce from Webs. I generally don't order a lot of things online because I have a problem with needing instant gratification (Jenn knows what I'm talking about!) but this yarn was on sale and I had a gift card. I had been wanting to make the Cap Sleeved Eyelet Top by Hannah Fettig and when I saw this yarn I knew I'd found the one. It's  a blend of superfine alpaca, silk, and wool. The yarn is a beautiful spring green color. While I generally don't wear a lot of green, I have to say, this green is so delicious it reminds me of an apple. And anyway, St. Patrick's day is coming up.


Yesterday, I made a trip through the snow and slush to see a few of my favorite ladies over at Craft Akron. Martha was kind enough to open up on a Sunday and host an anti-Super Bowl party. We had snacks and did some stitching. I should've brought my long circulars because Mary was showing us how to do two-at-a-time whatevers. I'm regretting it now, Mary. Jenn also gave me some funky blue yarn that kind of reminds me of candy. I'm not sure what the fiber is (wool? woolish?) but I'm thinking this might make a pretty fun scarf.

2 comments:

  1. I'm pretty sure the blue yarn is Moda Dea Cache. Sunday was a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! I had fun too! Bring your stuff next time! It isn't hard once you get going! And Mary is the cheapest teacher around! :) She'll teach you about anything for only a smile! :)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!