Saturday, February 6, 2010

Snow Day



Another winter storm hit northeast Ohio yesterday and overnight. This morning, I woke up to Adam calling for me to come and look outside. He had let our dogs out to do their business only to find about ten inches of snow on our deck and drifts that were deeper than Timber is tall! It was pretty comical and I wish I had had my camera. Since our backyard is on a slope, we tend to get deep drifts in certain areas. To more accurately measure the snow this morning, I went out to the front yard. While Adam began shoveling us out, I did as the weatherman had explained on the news a few weeks ago. I took my tape measure and extended it to about three feet. I took measurements of the snow depths in three different areas of the yard all approximately 5 feet apart. My average snow depth was 11 inches! I don't know how accurate it is but that sure is a lot.


Doesn't Timber look so tiny out there? He really isn't. He's about 13 inches tall at the shoulder and weighs 38 pounds. He's what my mom refers to as husky.

We all know what else a snow day means: staying in and knitting (or cooking/reading/sleeping/movie watching/etc.). I caught a bad virus this week which kept me in bed for two days unable to knit (or shower for that matter). It was pretty bad. I fell behind on my commissioned knitting job so I need to shake a leg this weekend and get going. I also plan to be a part of the Ravelympics on Ravelry this year so I need to get the yarn for my projects balled and some swatches made. But I'll talk more about that in a later post.

Our street.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!