Saturday, February 20, 2010

Keep On Keeping On

I would like to start by thanking everyone for all their advice both on my blog and on Ravelry. I'm a bit of a perfectionist and have a hard time when things do not go my way. I received some great advice on blocking. The general consensus was that I shouldn't jump to conclusions and see how it turns out after blocking. This includes advice from my mother who, after reading my blog, called me yesterday to give me the I-Don't-Think-It's-As-Bad-As-You-Think speech.

So, I've blocked the blasted Montana Tunic. Last night, I gave it a good, cold soak in the washing machine then let the spin cycle run. After, and thanks to the advice of TwistedinStitches on Ravelry, I beat it with a wooden spoon for a few minutes. Once this phase was complete, I pinned it out my blocking space (otherwise known as our office/room where we put stuff we don't want to see or think about). I left the ceiling fan on all night, and thanks to copious amounts of sunshine today, the sweater is dry. I will wait to try it on until I am finished. For now, I'm off to stitch up the shoulder seams and add the cowl and sleeve ribbing.

My sophisticated blocking set up: two old bath towels on the floor. 

1 comment:

I'd love to hear from you!