Monday, March 8, 2010

Quick Knit


My husband was "in charge" of picking his mom's birthday gift this year. However, he's lacking when it comes to the idea department and when I offered (two weeks ago) to make her something he said, "Nah. I don't want to get her a gift card though." Then he continued to dally. He asked me Friday what we were going to get her. So now I've insisted I'll make her something. Luckily, my in-laws are heading south for a few days so that buys me some extra time since her birthday is Saturday. I did a lot of pattern searching and finally settled on the Trellis Lace Scarf. I had some cocoa colored Frog Tree Meriboo in my stash that has been looking for a good home and I think this may be it. Thank goodness it's knitting up pretty quickly.

In other news, I received a gorgeous skein of donation yarn today from Karin (kmessier27 on Ravelry) for the Bark in the Park fundraiser. Thank you Karin!

You can continue to read more about Hazel here.

4 comments:

  1. Oh Dear.. You have such a wonderful taste in yarns!!!
    I am so jealous of all that beauty!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I've had this yarn lingering around my stash for a while and finally figured out what to do with it. It's a really great yarn!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh, pretty! That stitch pattern really pops with that yarn.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!