Sunday, October 3, 2010

Weekend Work

Our regular weekend plans were thwarted by my husband contracting some sort of virus this weekend.  However, I did manage to sneak out for a quick trip to our library's used book sale. I was able to get nine books for only $2.39! Some of these books I've already read but did not own (I have a thing about owning books) and some I've been wanting to read for a long time. Especially Cold Mountain. I'm not sure how I've made it this far in my life without reading that book. I don't get a whole lot of reading time during the school year but I'm thinking I might try to start setting some time aside during the week, specifically for reading.


I did get a couple inches done on my brother's sweater yesterday. So now there's only twelve more inches to go before I can start thinking about sleeves. After working with laceweight in stockinette, worsted on #7 needles goes quite a bit faster. 

I also managed to snip off all of the damaged portion of my socks that Hazel borrowed. My friend also pointed out that in the sock post, in the final picture, you can see Hazel standing behind me. It's as though she's waiting, biding her time until she can get to the socks. Hmm, I wouldn't put it past her.  So anyway, now I have an entire pair, again. I did notice on Friday though, that a velcro something had attached to the good sock and now there's a fuzzy frayed portion. So now I may have to fix the toe on that one as well. I'm starting to wonder if this handknit sock business is really worth it.

That's probably about all the knitting that will get done this weekend. I plan on sitting on the couch today to work on a paper and some lesson plans for this week.


See, Timber has the right idea.

7 comments:

  1. Nice score at the book sale! I went early and bought 19 books and some CD's for a grand total of $9.

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO jealous. A River Runs Through It and The Things They Carried are both on the tip top of my favorites list, and I don't own either of them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Timber looks lovely.
    Lucky you getting all those books. I enjoyed Kite Runner.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice! What a lovely collection of books - and SUCH a bargain price! :)

    I'm loving that picture of Timber - adorable! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done on the book bargain. I work in a bookshop and here are soooooooooooooo many books out there that I HAVE to read, one day.

    Fellow blogtoberfest participant here and a first timer to your blog. Am hoping to get around to all the blogs this month. would love you to visit mine
    http://missnance.blogspot.com/

    Gail

    ReplyDelete
  6. I checked out your original sock post, and it does look like Hazel was just waiting to get her paws on those socks! Glad you were able to repair them.

    You got a good deal on those books! I got a stack of records for a steal this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love owning books too. I buy them all the time and never find time to read as many as I buy. But I still love them. You did very well with your purchases.

    Timber looks very comfy there.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!