My first pair of socks (for myself) in the new year and done. Hooray! Now just three more to go and I can meet my New Year's goal. Either way, I'm pretty pleased with these socks especially after the rough start with a different pattern.
Now for the moment of truth. Perhaps you are wondering if I managed to knit these out of one skein of Shibui Sock (that's 191 yards). No, I was not. I ran out with about a quarter of the foot left. You can see on the bottom sock where I had to join the second skein. Strangely enough, despite these being from the same dye lot, the second skein is a bit more tonal/variegated than the first skein (which seems almost solid to me). I didn't really notice the color difference until I started knitting with it, although I probably should have. Looking back at the stash picture I took when I bought the yarn, you can tell one skein is definitely not as solid.
No biggie, though.
The lace pattern was very easy to memorize and that definitely helped to keep the project moving quickly. I started the second sock Saturday while riding the Cuyahoga Valley Scenic Railroad and was through to the heel by the end of the trip. I finished them yesterday while on the phone with my mom. I felt like I was just zooming along.
The only thing I would do different, were I to knit these again, would be to do an extra lace repeat on the leg (maybe two) because they're just not quite long enough for me. Also, the cuff and leg are a bit loose and I would try knitting the cuff/leg portion on a smaller needle (I used a 2.5mm). It's not saggy per se, but it could definitely stand to be a bit more snug.
I almost didn't post this last picture since the last time I posted a sock picture with dog legs in the background a horrible incident followed not long after. But this was just too cute to pass up. Those are Timber's tiny toes (I call them his ballet slippers) behind me and Hazel's speckled leg behind him.
Pattern: Dragonfly Socks by Jocelyn Sertich (FREE!)
Yarn: Shibui Knits Sock in #1765 Blossom (approx. 1.2 skeins)Needles: 40" US1.5 (2.5mm)
Began: May 12
Completed: May 22