I had some free, non-sample knitting moments this afternoon and decided to do some frogging. Remember the School Socks I started way back in January? I had gotten to about 2" before starting the toe and finally decided to try them on only to find they were a wee bit too tight. Since they're done in Malabrigo Sock, I wanted to make sure they are snug but not so snug that they rip when I try putting them on. That was back in March. They've been languishing around the house (first downstairs knitting basket, dining room table, guest/yarn room, bookshelf, now sewing table) since then. It really breaks my heart to frog a sock that's practically finished but I'd rather wear socks that fit than finish a sock that won't. So I ripped and found out the yarn was curly as heck. The old lazy Andrea would've just caked it up and knit on (I did that initially) but the new Andrea, who knows how yucky knitting with super kinky yarn can be (because the old Andrea already tried it), decided to wash and reskein the yarn.
So here's to socks that will fit!