I decided to get all my errands done early this morning since it's supposed to be a scorcher here today (and yes, 91 degrees in northeast Ohio is considered a scorcher). I managed to make it to the craft store that actually had the right sized pillow form, register for my baby shower, buy new pillows for all beds in our house, and stop at the library to get some books and a movie all before 11am. Yay me!
The pillow cover had been sitting around since last week waiting for its final touches. Once I had the pillow form, I felt like I could really finish this thing up. The pattern suggests using a crochet chain that is approximately 2" long to secure the buttons. I opted for a 2" long I-cord and figured that while I was at it, I might as well go ahead and add an I-cord edge along the entire back panel. Since it was done in stockeinette, it was looking kind of curly and floppy and this seemed to finish it up nicely.
I used mattress stitch for all side seaming, including the ends of the pillow. The pattern was very vague about what to use. It said something along the lines of "Seam 'er up!"
I also think there might be some errors in the cable directions but since I was in a rush to finish this I didn't spend too much time trying to tink with the numbers. I ultimately looked at the finished piece picture in the pattern and followed the pattern from that rather than using the directions.
This pillow is now all wrapped up and ready to head out to Fresno. I hope they are able to find a special place for it in their new home together.
Yarn: Malabrigo Arroyo in Toffee Coffee (two skeins, alternating)
Needles: US7 (4.5mm) used my new Addi Clicks!!
Began: June 6
Completed: June 19