Sunday, February 14, 2010

Ravelympics Progress or Lack Thereof


Obviously, not much has been accomplished. It's kind of a sad thing really. I started my Big Montana Tunic Friday night just like a good Ravelympian. I continued it Saturday afternoon during a drive to and from Cleveland. After I had used up an entire skein I felt pretty darn proud of myself. Then I took a good look at the lace pattern I had knitted. The part where I had gone from knitting back to purling had some pretty bad ladders (and I don't mean the climbing kind). I was really disappointed because the side of the lace patter where I went from purling to knitting was fine and I generally have pretty good tension and don't get ladders in my work when using circular needles. I was considering just continuing with the sweater and then blocking the bejesus out of it later but I really want to wear this sweater and I'm not fully sure the ladders won't remain, even after a severe blocking. So I pulled back to the ribbing, something like 12", and started the purling and lace portion over again. Wish me luck.

In other news, the Spud and Chloe yarn I had ordered arrived Friday! I'm very excited because even though I haven't used this yarn before, I've been drooling over it since it was first debuted. I ordered three skeins of the Sweater (worsted weight) in Rootbeer




and one skein of the Sweater in Toast.

I have a very special project in mind for this yarn since it is a superwash wool and cotton blend. I'm hoping to get started soon, but at the rate the Montana Tunic is going, at least after Ravelympics. It's a good thing I didn't make a resolution this year to buy less yarn because at this point it would be way out the window.


1 comment:

  1. I love S&C too!!! I have 3 of OUTER waiting for a chance to be made into something.... :)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!