The pattern tells you to do five rows of 1x1 ribbing before binding off. I decided to continue with the cable pattern throughout those five rows (the pattern tells you to do just the ribbing) because I had noticed in some of the other finished cardigans on Ravelry that the bottom had a tendency to flare out. I didn't like the flare and the cable pattern helps to alleviate this.
The buttons I used are sort of a tortoise shell color and very lightweight. I was afraid that if I chose buttons that were too heavy, they might pull the collar down. I also wanted buttons that would blend in and compliment the cardigan as opposed to drawing attention away from the wonderful cables that I had labored over.
I am very happy with the way it has turned out. I may re-do the bind off on the sleeves and bottom edge. The ribbing was done using a #5 needle so I bound off using a #7 but it still seems to be too tight around my arms and at the waist. I may also add another inch to the bottom because I think it can stand to be just a smidge longer. But seeing as I've already worn this cardigan out, I'm calling it finished. I feel really proud of myself and think that this may be my most accomplished (and best looking) knitted piece to date!
Pattern: Rosamund's Cardigan by Andrea Pomerantz
Yarn: Brown Sheep Lamb's Pride Worsted
Needles: US7 32" circular, US5 32" circular for ribbed edges
Began: January 17
Finished: April 17