Monday, August 16, 2010

Too Much Cuteness for One Weekend

I spent the weekend working diligently on a couple of projects and finishing nothing. I guess that's the way it goes sometimes. I thought I would have more finished considering they're both baby sized sweaters but at least it's not taking me as long as an adult sized sweater.


I was able to get the second sleeve finished Saturday night. I soaked it in some Eucalan and blocked it out to dry. Then all of a sudden I was like, whoa (That's the Californian coming out in me)! It looked super huge. I was afraid of it fitting the baby properly to begin with and now it looked like it was going to fit a toddler! So I measured. It was actually fine. It was late and being too tired tends to lead to me overreacting in some capacity. That's typical. It matched up to the finished measurements perfectly. 


I also think that the sleeve and body stitches evened out a bit so my gauge doesn't look totally crazy. 


Overall, I'm pretty pleased with how it is turning out. I'm planning on making a little trip to the fabric store today to pick out the buttons for this. 

I'm also working on a sample knit for Alana of Never Not Knitting. It is the Playful Stripes Cardigan in the six month size. Even though it looks a bit like a fiddly mess right now, it is just the cutest thing ever. 

Warning: Do not make this pattern if you are trying to convince yourself that you are not ready to have children. The overall and complete darling-ness of this cardigan will try to convince you otherwise.

8 comments:

  1. Have fun picking the buttons ~ the only aspect of "finishing" that I enjoy - LOL

    The stripy cardigan is adorable ~ looking forward to seeing the little ones modeling :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm lovin' BOTH of those little beauties! Looking forward to seeing the end products!

    ReplyDelete
  3. loving both of them, but you are right...that playful stripes sweater is too cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been eyeing that playful stripes for my girls. Too cute. And, I love the simplicity of the baby sophisticate. Can't wait to see what buttons you use!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute! I love that second one. I am going to find a project and follow a patter and finish... Now to choose what!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love both of these.
    Looking forward to seeing the buttons.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the bottom one - nice colour combo's! Very darling yes!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!