Thursday, April 21, 2011

Knitting in Class

Things are coming along with my mom's sock, henceforth (I just watched The King's Speech. I feel the need to be more formal. And get a Corgi) referred to as the Everglade Socks. These day, most of my sock knitting is confined to my Wednesday night class. When I mentioned this to my dad he said my behavior was "rude as hell" in the most loving way that only my dad could put it in.  I tried to explain that I felt that I learned better when having "a manipulative in my hands to help me concentrate". He just laughed. Unfortunately, that really has been my only time for knitting lately (not to mention it's a three and a half hour evening class and it's all I can do to keep my eyes open).


In last night's class I managed to get about 5" done on the leg of the second sock (I had started the cuff the night before, but still). That's what I call a productive night. And you know me and my type-A personality, I had to make sure they match. It's so far so good. While I still don't love the color of the socks, it's not as horrid as I had anticipated. I've decided to just go with it since my mom did pick the yarn and did ask for plain stockinette socks. I figure I'll see if she even likes hand knit socks (I know, I know. Who wouldn't?) before deciding if I'll knit a second pair for her in a different color or pattern.
 

I think these might just make it to California in time for Mother's Day!

9 comments:

  1. I really, really like the colorway of your socks. I also just watched The King's Speech and have the very same desire to possess a Corgi. Oh, and I want to be called Your Majesty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Corgies! They're so cute! :D

    Your socks look great! I like the stripes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the socks!

    saw The King's Speech in the theater, now need to buy it, as I buy all of Colin's movies, except that horrid Legion one *shudder*

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do like the colors in the socks. And like you I like my socks to match. They are coming along beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The name of my Etsy shop is Knits in Class - because I used to do precisely that. Glad to hear others are making classtime more productive through knitting :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. i think it is perfectly acceptable to multi-task in class. the socks look great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I love the colours in those socks ... beautiful!

    PS. I really enjoyed The King's Speech.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I haven't seen the movie yet, but I definitely plan to do so soon. Your socks are coming along quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good job Andrea! As I mentioned in my last comment--they will work well in this Sprinter weather. :-)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!