I've taken July off of designing and dedicated myself to finishing this project that I started 13 months ago. I finished the final 21 squares while on my summer trip to California and the better part of the last 2 weeks working on the border.
To work the border I picked up stitches on a 40" needle around the entire blanket (FYI: if you're going to try this border on a baby blanket, go with a 47" cable) then worked a knit row, followed by an increase row where I worked a make 1 left or right on eithe side of the corner stitch for a total of 9 rows. I did a purl row, then repeated the whole thing again (with decreases this time). I bound off by incorporating a stitch from the original pick up row. It took 3 evenings just to bind off. I am SO glad that's over. But it was totally worth it. I love this blanket and hope that it will become one of Daniel's favorites.
Patten: Sock Yarn Blanket by Shelly Kang
Needle: US 2.5
Began: June 28
Completed: July 25